.: VeriTas-Vincit-OmNia :.

.: " Truth Conquers Everything . ." :.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Trip to Cameron Highlands(1st Day)

(16/02/10)- Tuesday
Last night I packed hurriedly as Dad reminded me,
Today we are going on a trip to Cameron Highlands. .
Thoughts like ‘Haiyo, must go meh?’ came to my mind. .
But dad encouraged me to go,
As we haven’t been there for around 5 years. .
Well, accommodations there are totally free,
Unless we bought something from the outside. .
But most importantly, hotel rooms and bills are all supported,
By a close friend of my father’s, Uncle Leow. .
He’s the architect of the apartment, so that’s why,
We got that place for free. . XD

Well, after we prepared all the stuff that were to be brought there,



We loaded it into the car. .
While dad did a quick-check on the car engine and stuff. .



And we’re off!
Time Check : 10.30am

The start of an adventure!
As dad was driving,
I slept, as usual. . XD
We’ve finally reached a signboard that says ‘Cameron Highlands-32km’
@@, Whoa, I thought reach ad, but. . 32km??? Wth~
Time Check : 11.45am

After that sign, we continued uphill,
Small particles of memories rekindled in my mind,
As I remembered going up this very hill,



Going round and round,
'You Spin My Head Right Round,Right Round. . . '



When I was still a baby, I think. . =)
Look at that waterfall!!
There were many people that entered it as well though. .



Little hope of mine got stronger after seeing another road-sign,
Cameron Highlands, Dad said ‘Don’t worry, we’ll reach there in a moment.’
Faith and excitement rose after hearing those words,
Questions like ‘Are we there yet??’ slowly fade out in my mind. .
And finally! We’ve reached the first town in Cameron Highlands!
Ringlet. .







Time Check : 01.30pm
Elapsed time : 3 hours
After exiting Ringlet,
We continued journeying,
And then we saw the famous, ‘Bharat-Cameron Tea Plantations’



Dad told me that this has been here since a long time ago,
He also said that they used to give out free tea here,
But now, it costs RM2 for that cup of tea. .
But at least going into the plantation for tea, is totally free. .



Tea!


I’m not a big fan of tea, but ‘Hello, tea!~’



After having our noses stucked with the scent of fresh tea,
We left that place. .
And oh, did I said that the temperature then was already chilly. .
Look! BMW bike, super cool,


How I wish I had one of them. . XD



Next up! Second town! Tanah Rata(Land)
Still have no idea why they named this place ‘Tanah Rata’,
-.-“. .
Dad said that somehow coincidencely they named it. .
So let it be. . Hehe. .
And, our hotel! Heritage Hotel!





Seriously, haven’t been here in a long long time!
Although the design of that place,
Makes me think like I’ve seen it before. .
Dad parks near the lobby area and checks-in. .





Got the keys, and off we go to our room!
Block ‘Dharta’ Room 16. .
Whatever the names means,
And wherever it came from. . XD



Cool! We got the top floor!
Look at the fridge! Like snow. .
Haven’t seen snow before. . So correct me if this is how it looks like. .



Went to the balcony,
Great view, gotta admit that. .



Heritage Hotel was recently extended,



Which looked much nicer!
I actually thought that we’re entering that hotel. .
Haha. .
After settling in,
Dad had to visit the golf-course,
Everywhere he went, first thing that’s a ‘must-see’
Are the golf-courses. .
-.-“, I had to follow him. .
When we reached, dad was astonished,
He said that the place looked much different now,



He said it was a single-storey building before,
After asking the receptionist,
We were acknowledged that the place had just been officially opened last week!
7th February, Whoa, what a timing!



After going around the new golf club,
Something caught dad’s attention,
And it was this tree,



Dad said it had been here for more than 30 years!
Whoa. .
Well, dad says he’s gonna come here for golf 2mrw morning. .
Guess that means I have to come too. .

Back at the hotel,
Which was around 6.30pm,
I decide to take a walk around the hotel,
Gotta say, there were quite a lot of other people there as well. .
Leng Lui also got leh~
Haha. .
Something there that I couldn’t possibly miss,
The sunset. .



Luckily I was in time to snap a photo of it. .



Well, it was getting kinda dark,
So I returned to the hotel,
And went to the balcony,
Getting the view of twilight,








*Wind blows*,
Temperature dropping,
It’s getting to night-time,
Which was also a time,
Temperature is at it’s lowest. .
Dad was reading the newspaper,
While I was on my laptop,
No WiFi at my room,
But I have to go to the lobby if I wanted to go online. .
Dad read this article bout a fisherman,
He caught a ‘monster’. .
Well, informations from words are converted faster with pictures. .



The caption was ‘ The Bigger The Better ‘
Read more bout it! Today’s newspaper. .

Hmm, guess that’s it for my first day in Cameron Highlands. .
One thing, temperature here isn’t as I’d expected in KL. . XD
Well, managed to post this much today. .
Uploading the photos eat a lot of time. .
I'll post the others a.s.a.p.!

No comments:

Post a Comment